It's the day before surgery. It's hard to believe that after tomorrow I will no longer have a left breast. I've been trying not to think about it but everywhere I go I see womens breasts or fashion styles that emphasize breasts. I went to the mall twice this week (that's a rarity) and all around me where tank tops, halter tops, bathing suits, beautiful summer dresses with spaghetti straps and I try to think in my head what I will look like in them after surgery.
The walk through the mall was upsetting to me. I'm starting to realize as surgery approaches that yes, I am going to miss my left breast. Even though my breasts aren't anything special - I have learned over the last couple of years to really love them and accept them. It was breastfeeding my daughter that made me really appreciate my breasts.
I will admit that my breasts definitely aren't the perky breasts I see on tv or in fashion magazines but they suited me and they looked great in a bra, under a white v-neck t-shirt (my signature style).
Goodbye booby.
No comments:
Post a Comment