After round #5 of chemotherapy I decided to cut back/cut out on the anti-nausea medicine. Secretly, I've been cutting back ever since Round #3. I decided to drop the Zofran entirely. My reason's for doing this was to alleviate the immediate effects of constipation after infusion. The only anti-nausea medicine I took this time was the 3day supply of Emend. It's a package consisting of 3 pills that I take one a day. I had no nausea (thankfully). The constipation was still there but not so bad. Right after infusion I usually don't have a bowel movement for 2-3 days. It isn't pleasant (I will spare you the details).
I seem to be out of my "funk." I've been acting like an energized bunny getting things accomplished around here. I don't know if I'm "nesting" or if I'm generally just feeling good. I went in for blood count checks on Friday and my red counts seem to be at their lowest. I told the nurse that I'm not experiencing any fatigue after round #5. She said I looked good and that I didn't look pale and sent me on my way. She did advice I call if I experience any dizziness, shortness of breath or heart palpitations.
I spent my weekend rearranging Maelyn's bedroom and cleaning up the walk-in attic. I must be nesting...... because what pregnant women wants to clean and straighten a walk-in attic space.
1 comment:
Awe Missy, you are too much! If you want to come over and clean my place too you are more than welcomed to! =0)
I am glad to hear you are out of your "funk". It happens to all of us. It usually happens for me when I feel like life is spinning out of control. I like to put the "funk" times away in a place where I do not have to think of them ever again. I then try to focus on today, here and now. Remember to take time to do something for yourself. Whatever it may be. Take the time, enjoy and treasure it!
Much Love!
~Jeanette
Post a Comment