This recent passing of a young survivor really hits close to me. When I found out about her death, I immediately broke down. I was in shock. My daughter kept asking, "Whats wrong mommy? What's wrong?" I was speechless. I was numb.
Tanya was the first young survivor that I met who was also a young mother. I met her at my first YSC gathering. She brought her darling little baby boy to that luncheon. I sat next to her and was mesmerized by her glow, optimism and love for her child.
I last saw her in November (08) at a funeral for a fellow young survivor. We both exchanged stories of motherhood and gave updates of our little ones. Flash forward six months later and she's dead. Cancer has ripped her away from her beautiful little boy. Cancer has taken this little boys mommy. It breaks my heart and makes me sick.
My husband found me crying at my computer when he came home. Maelyn said, "Daddy, a mommy died and she had a little boy." I couldn't keep myself under control so I got up and went straight to the shower. I cried my eyes out as the hot water soaked my body.
I hate this. It's unfair. It sickens me. It frightens me. It haunts me.
Shame on you cancer for taking another young soul. Shame on you!
1 comment:
I'm sorry. I just came here looking for your email address and read this, and it is so hard. I am sorry for Tanya and sorry for us. Two from our Atlanta group in less than 6 months is two too many.
Post a Comment