Took a wonderful 2 week vacation with the family in August. We went to Washington, DC then to New York and back down to Tennessee. I finally got to meet my little niece. What a beauty she is. Spent a lot of time with my nephew who is an absolute firecracker and real hoot to be around. The best part about the trip was watching the kids play together. I also got the chance to meet my Dads girlfriend, Mae. Have you ever met someone new and it's like you've known them for years? Well, that's how I feel about Mae. She has a beautiful soul. I'm so happy for my Dad that he has a wonderful person like Mae in his life. YOU'RE A LUCKY MAN! It was also a blessing to spend time with my brother's and their wives. I love my family and miss them dearly!
School started for my sweet pixie. She loves her new teacher and classmates. I miss her when she's not home but I know she is growing and learning in a safe and loving environment. I couldn't ask for anything better. With her at school that gives me one-on-one time with my little miracle boy. He is a bundle of joy and makes me giggle everyday. He recently received his first haircut. Bye bye wispy curls. I hope to see you someday soon (cross my fingers). I continue to workout, go to the gym and experiment with my diet. I'm really working hard on an alkaline diet (more on this later). I've cut out meat, dairy and packaged foods (85% of the time). I'd like to be at 100% of the time. I'm taking small steps for me and the family. As usual, I continue with my green juices and smoothies. I love them and consume them daily. Beets are my new favorite juicing ingredient. Thanks to Antoinette (Mae's Mom) for the recommendation. Love it!
Fall is here. It's my favorite time of year. Colorful tree's, cool weather and dark mornings. Hurray! I took the kids to the apple orchard last week for apple picking. There's nothing better than fresh cider, apple donuts and fried apple pies. Yum. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! [Stepping onto my soap box] Please do your monthly self breast exams. You know your body better than anybody else. If you suspect something get it checked out. [now stepping off the soap box] FACT: When breast cancer shows up on a mammogram, it may have been in your body for 6-10 years. Visit www.StopBreastCancer.org every day in October to see a new Myth or Truth about breast cancer.
My father in law, Frank had an accident. He fell off a ladder and has been in the hospital for a week with several broken ribs and a badly bruised and punctured lung. He is steadily improving and hopefully will be released within the next two days. Please keep him in your prayers also.
Things to come..... Soon we'll be making our yearly trip to the pumpkin farm. Looking forward to pumpkin picking, hay rides and the crisp, cool mountain air. Halloween is just around the corner. With the help of friends, we will be throwing a neighborhood Halloween Party. The costumes are ready to go and the candy bowl is full. We're ready!
My yearly mammogram is scheduled for the 23rd. I'm nervous and anxious. I don't foresee any problems and only hope for the best. Being that it is breast cancer awareness month I am bombarded with pink ribbon items and ads everywhere I go. Good for awareness but my gosh, let's find a cure!!!
We'll be celebrating a couple of birthdays this month. My husband will be celebrating number 41 and my pixie girl will be turning 5. Gosh, where has the time gone? I can't believe she's FIVE. This year she asked for a movie party, so we'll be taking her and some of her closest friends to the movies. Popcorn, soda and sweets for everyone!
To wrap this post up....I have so many thoughts going through my brain but I just can't seem to find the time to sit and put them into words. Sometimes I have the time but I don't have the energy. Then there are days that I have the energy but no inspiration. Isn't that life. It's full of ups-n-downs. I'm thankful for my ups-n-downs. Without it, life would be stagnant, still and repetitive.
No comments:
Post a Comment