Brendan Brazier is one of only a few professional athletes in the world whose diet is 100 percent plant-based. He’s a professional Ironman triathlete, bestselling author on performance nutrition, and the creator of a line of whole food nutritional products called VEGA.
I was first introduced to Brendan Brazier's line of plant based whole food products after talking with my chiropractor. Last year, I increased my workouts and noticed that my body wasn't recovering efficiently.
- Increased the duration of my workouts by adding an additional hour to my day.
- Participated in a bootcamp style type of class (plyometric's, indurance, interval training, muscle building and toning, and bodyweight exercises).
- Running outside and on the treadmill.
- Increased weight training from one day a week to 2-3 times a week.
So, I picked up THRIVE The Vegan Nutrition Guide to Optimal Performance in Sports and Life and my first Vega products: Vega Whole Food Healthy Optimizer (berry) and Sport Performance Optimizer (lemon-lime). I loved it! I did, indeed feel a difference in my post workout recovery. It wasn't immediate but after 2.5 weeks my aches and pains went away and I felt better and stronger during and after my workouts.
I buy the Vega products every now and then. It's not something I take on a daily basis. It's too expensive for this stay-at-home, crazy sexy, post-cancer "moddess" (Mom + Goddess = Moddess). It's $43.00 for the smaller tub (7 servings) and $75.00 for the large tub (15 servings). Ideally, I would love to consume it after each workout (five times a week). However, financially I just can't do that, So, I stretch my tub out, by consuming it only 2-3 times a week when I have it in the house. It works for me and it continues to help my body recover, recharge and refuel.
❤Vega❤Real Food❤Fast❤




No comments:
Post a Comment