I meet with the medical oncologist to discuss treatment on Friday, July 27, 2007. I'm ready to start the second leg of my journey - chemotherapy. The oncologist will review all lab results and determine the best course of treatment for me and baby.
Pathology Report:
Left Axillary Sentinel Node#1: Metastitic Well-Differentiated (these cells are very similar in appearance to the cell from which they evolved. Usually least aggressive. Low grade, grade one) Ductal Adenocarcinoma Present within single lymph node.
Left Breast Mastectomy: In Situ (does not break through the wall but remains in the duct or lobule where it began) and Infiltrating (cancer that has broken through the wall of the duct or lobule and have begun to grow into surrounding tissues) Well-Differentiated Ductal Adenocarcinoma present within upper inner quadrant.
Tumor Measures: 1.9cm in greatest dimension.
Fairly extensive tumor lymphatic involvement identified within breast tissue adjacent to tumor mass. Posterior margin of resection technically negative for tumor (tumor present at distance of 0.1 cm from posterior surgical margin of resection).
Nipple negative for tumor.
Left Axillary Dissection: 14 benign lymph nodes present.
Hormone Receptor Assay:
Estrogen Receptor: POSITIVE (30%)
Progesterone Receptor: POSITIVE (61%)
Her-2/neu: Not Over Expressed (1%)
Ki-67: LOW (3%)
1 comment:
I found your blog by following a link on a message board but now I can't remember where LOL...
I just wanted to tell you that I have you in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to heal.
Your story is awe inspiring and I just wanted to let you know that.
Post a Comment