It started.... All week my scalp has been aching and hurting. I had read about the scalp and hair aches but I had no idea until I experienced it. It's hard to describe the sensation - but my hair felt stiff and hurt all the time. The hair started falling out 14 days post chemo treatment #1. I noticed strands of hair just falling onto my back and arms (it was annoying me). Every time I took my hair out of a ponytail I had tons of hair attached to the band. By day 15 I had pulled out a sink full of hair. Even though you couldn't tell I was loosing my hair I was just ready to get rid of it.
So, I shaved it! I've been preparing myself for this day since I started chemotherapy. It was emotional for me to say the words to the stylist,
"My hair is falling out - I'd like it shaved." I had to repeat it twice because she didn't hear me the first time. Once I sat in the chair she tried to talk me into a shorter style. I told her that I had already cut half my hair off. I said it's falling out just shave it.
So, this is the new me until the rest falls off.
2 comments:
You look beautiful !!!
I love it !!
I love you !!
:-)
Love
Jeannine
You look beautiful!!!! Your beauty shines all around you!
Love Always,
Jeanette
Post a Comment