Congratulations to me and baby boy! We are now entering the third trimester…the home stretch! My baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10 inches and the total length of my growing baby is around 15.75 inches. He weighs about 2.4 pounds at this point and my uterus is a little more than 3 inches above my bellybutton.
This weekend Andy surprised me by setting up the nursery. We put the crib together and washed all the baby items. I'm getting really excited. My belly is growing each day and my little boy is constantly moving.
Sometimes I think I've been cheated.... pregnancy is supposed to be a happy and wonderful time with focus solely on the pregnancy. Not in this case. I first found out I was pregnant and then the day after I found the lump in my left breast. A month later I found out it was cancer.
In the early stages of my diagnosis unfortunately my pregnancy took the backseat while my cancer was the main focus. I no longer feel cheated. Honestly, chemotherapy is going great and my baby is growing just like any other pregnancy. I would have never thought that a women could be pregnant and undergo chemotherapy. But there have been women before me who have done it and have delivered healthy, beautiful babies. These woman gave me the strength and faith to continue with my pregnancy.
This is going to be my miracle baby.
[ps: I didn't add the photo for shock value. I added it because this is who I am right now. This is what I look at in the mirror every day. This is what my husband and daughter see everyday. This is what my pregnant and surviving cancer body looks like.]
6 comments:
Congrats on entering the 3rd trimester. I am excited for you and will continue to pray for both of you. Your almost there.
Kim
I love the picture - it's beautiful... your baby is a miracle and a blessing !!!
I am so excited for you - I'm glad you continue to feel well !!!
Love you Always
jeannine
Glad to hear you and your baby boy are doing well! How wonderful that Andy surprised you and set up the nursery! I can imagine how excited you must be getting!
Love Always,
Jeanette
Congratulations Charmedbeing! You make me miss my pregnancy. And let me tell you, you look absolutely gorgeous! I am 2 weeks out from surgery and if my scar looks as good as yours, I will be one happy mama! Enjoy the last few weeks with your little miracle inside you! Before you know it, he'll be here to root you on even more! Go Mama, Go!
Your baby will be here before you know it. Enjoy this time with him as you make your special mother/baby bond. Being pregnant is an incredible miracle in itself. You have a double miracle and blessing.
Jen
this is simonee from mdc -- just want to tell you that I think you look absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment