February 27, 2008

HAIR These Days

It's hard to believe that it's been three months since chemotherapy ended. My hair is steadily growing and my eyelashes are filling in too.

I find myself looking and admiring other women's hairstyles trying to figure out how I would look with their cut. I'm still in the awkward hair stage but I can't wait to have a "style".

I've been approached by some women remarking how they like my haircut or how they wish they could go this short. There are a few acquaintances who haven't seen me during chemo that have said, "you cut all your hair off.....it looks good. "I never tell them that chemotherapy gave me this haircut. I don't tell them because I don't want them to feel awkward. So, I politely smile and say thanks.

I have a feeling that I will keep my hair short (but, not this short).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it short, you look really cute...
any new pics of the baby to share ?
I am dying to see his precious face
:-)
Love
J

Anonymous said...

I too would love to see some new baby pics. So glad things are going so well. You are amazing Mel!!!
Love, Gretch