I'm in the clear.
My Oncologist called me yesterday at 4pm and told me the good news. After I hung up the phone I cried with relief.
It's been an emotional roller coaster. Since my initial diagnosis I've been wondering whether or not there was cancer lurking somewhere else in my body. I wasn't able to have any of the early diagnostic tests (CT Scan, MRI and PET Scan) because of my pregnancy. That was a choice I made when I decided to go through with the pregnancy.
I'm happy and numb at the same time. Numb because the results could have gone either way. I've been preparing myself for this test for 8 months (since June). Happy for more reasons than the obvious. Happy because my choice 8 months ago didn't hinder my health today. Happy because my choice 8 months ago gave me a healthy, vibrant baby boy. Happy because I believed in myself. Happy because I believed in my body. Happy because I am truly blessed.
1 comment:
Oh Melissa I am so happy for you! That is great news! You should go out with your family and celebrate! I wish I lived closer, I would make you my famous cheese cake and come over to celebrate!!!!
Congratulations!
Love Always,
Jeanette
Post a Comment