July 25, 2008

8 Months Post Chemotherapy


I'm eight months out of chemotherapy. My little boy is now 6 months old. Where oh where has the time gone?

I've been so busy with motherhood that I don't find the time to blog anymore. My active three year old is keeping me really really busy. My six month old is so easy going that he's up for anything at anytime. I'm so blessed to have them in my life. I couldn't imagine my days without them. I couldn't imagine my cancer journey without them.

This is going to sound comical but I often misplace my prosthesis (boob insert). It seems I'm always frantically searching for it before I leave the house in the morning. My daughter turns it into a game - who can find the lost, lone boob first. It's funny to hear myself yell out, "Maelyn, have you seen my boob?" Her response is always, "I'll find it mommy." Then I hear her tiny feet shuffling across the wood floors as she runs around looking for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a summery crew! How was your trip? All the genetics stuff if very interesting. We have colon cancer in the family and I do believe it is genetic as my father and brother have now had it. I need to test.
xoxo, Gretch

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see that you are doing so well. You and your kids are blessed to have eachother, and I continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you all the best.