August 14, 2008

Tamoxifen

My time has come.....I saw my oncologist today and got my prescription for Tamoxifen (ta-MOX-ih-fen). This medication can block the growth of breast cancer. It works by interfering with the effects of estrogen in the breast tissue. I take my first tablet tonight. To make it easy for me to remember I will take it every night before bedtime.

I've been reading and researching this drug for the last couple of months. As with any drug there is a laundry list of side effects (hot flashes, nausea, hair thinning, fatigue, headaches, strokes, blood clots, cancer of the uterus, etc...). I'm trying not to focus on the side effects. I want to take this drug and feel good about taking it. I want to pop it every night knowing that it is protecting me. I believe that if I focus on the side effects then inevitably I will experience them.

I've been working hard the last several months in preparation for this drug. I'm exercising regularly and eating better. I continue to see my chiropractor on a weekly basis and I'm in the process of seeking other therapies and modalities (Reiki, detoxification and acupuncture).

I'm ready to take my health to the next level. I'm ready to do more. Starting tamoxifen is the start of another chapter for me.

I'm ready to get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and hope that there are NO bad side effects at all.
I love you
Jeannine

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and hope that there are NO bad side effects at all.
I love you
Jeannine