Tomorrow I will be using nuclear medicine to detect any bone abnormalities. I'm to arrive bright and early by 7am. A small amount of radioactive material called tracers (radionuclides) will be injected into my body. These tracers accumulate in certain organs and tissues, such as bones. Once introduced into the body, tracers emit a type of radiation called gamma waves, which are detected by a special camera. The tracer is to highlight any trouble spots.
It will be another long morning for me. Once the tracers are injected I have to wait three hours until the official scan.
I need to find out what is causing my discomfort. Not knowing is unsettling and thoughts of cancer keep popping into my head. I honestly believe that it's just a subluxated rib or ribs. But, I'll only know for sure after the scan.
I'm hoping for the best (as usual).
3 comments:
I just went through the whole bone scan mumbo jumbo myself to try and find out what is going on with my hip. It's funny, but just knowing it's not cancer makes the pain a whole lot more tolerable. I'll be keeping you in my throughts and hoping it's nothing major.
Did you receive your results yet? I hope all is well and I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Keep me posted.
Gretch
I'm hoping and praying for a good result...
Jill
Post a Comment