January 15, 2009

My Birthday

I just celebrated my 36th birthday. My day started off with the sweet sound of my daughters voice, whispering the Happy Birthday Song to me as she climbed into my bed. Then she whispered, "It's time to get up Mommy. There's a surprise for you on the kitchen counter..... come on!" Awaiting me was a beautiful, two dozen arrangement of pastel pink roses. Accompanying them was one handmade card and a card from my husband. Coffee was ready and so was breakfast. What a glorious morning.

I spent the rest of my day as usual: gym, shower, clean up, nap time and then back to school for pick up. We went to Chick-Fil-A for birthday nuggets. My daughter never turns down chicken nuggets.

Dinner was had at Pan Asia. It was absolutely delightful. I ate Shrimp Pad Thai and the kids ate Chicken Satay. My husband consumed his usual bowl of Tom Yum Soup. Yummmmmm.

When we got home I was surprised with a plate of deserts. There was a slice of chocolate cake, a fruit tart and then a whipped chocolate mouse. Pure heaven on earth.

It was a wonderful birthday. I am truly blessed.

Birthday Blessings

Instead of counting candles,
Or tallying the years,
Contemplate your blessings,
As your birthday nears.

Consider special people
Who love you, and who care,
And others who’ve enriched your life
Just by being there.

Think about the memories
Passing years can never mar,
Experiences great and small
That have made you who you are.

Another year is a happy gift,
So cut your cake, and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays,
I count blessings every day!"

By Joanna Fuchs

No comments: