I found this recipe in a back issue of Real Simple. It looked absolutely delicious and I just had to try it. I'm pulled to dishes that have very few ingredients. Cooking isn't something that I really enjoy so I don't want to spend a lot of time doing it. Being a mom of two doesn't allow me the time - so I look for dishes that have easy prep work. Ingredients:
12 oz Rigatone or Penne Pasta
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Capers
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives (pitted)
1/2 cup parsley
2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemons
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
12 oz can of Tuna
Preparations: Chop Garlic. Depit the Kalamata Olives and dice. Squeeze lemons (use strainer to remove pits). Chop parsley.
Cook the pasta according to the package.
Heat EVOO. Add garlic and cook slowly (don't burn). Add the capers and the kalamata olives. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper and remaining oil.
Drain pasta.
In individual bowls place pasta. Top with Tuna, the olive vinaigrette and serve.
Eat and enjoy!
1 comment:
yum!
g
Post a Comment