January 26, 2009

Tilapia w/ Mushrooms and Olives

My trip to the market today was rather hectic. I only had a half hour to shop, check out and get to school for carpool pick up with, my son in tow. It didn't help that he wasn't cooperating. I was speeding through the aisles as he fussed over the blueberries. He loves blueberries! He saw the container in the cart and pitched a fit because I wouldn't give him any. They weren't washed and he wasn't getting any. I tried to give him a few animal crackers that were stuffed in my pocket but no success. I grabbed what I could.

Tonight's meal was all on a whim. It's not something I've had before and I wasn't following a recipe. I was winging it. It turned out to be a simple, tasty meal - only requiring a few ingredients

Fish
Bella Mushrooms 8 oz.
Canned Olives 6 oz
Garlic 3 cloves
Lemons 2
Butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Paprika, Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. While the oven is heating, cut the mushrooms, olives and garlic. Cut and squeeze one lemon into a cup.

Rinse the fish (I bought Talapia) and pat dry. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray. Place the fish in the pan. Sprinkle with paprika. Place a slim slice of butter on top of each fish. Pour lemon over the fish (use a strainer so you don't get any pits). When the oven is heated place the uncovered pan in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes.

Heat pan with butter and saute the three garlic cloves. Garlic cooks fast so don't burn them. Place the mushrooms and olives in the pan and saute. I added a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Add salt and pepper for taste. I cooked them for 10 minutes.

The prep time for this meal was 5 minutes and the cook time was 20 minutes.

Yummy, simple and delicious!

No comments: