June 4, 2009

I've been absent. I confess that I have been in a funk and have not felt like blogging. I hit a low point after the death of a local, young, breast cancer survivor. Her death literally took the wind out of my sails. However, I'm happy to say that I'm coming out of my funk.

In a quick review..... Schools out for summer. Rainy skies have finally parted. The neighborhood pool is open. I'm staying on top of my laundry pile. I'm back at the gym. My body aches. My feet hurt. I started Monavie. Ovarian cysts have decreased on one side but grew on the other. My juicer broke. I fell off my diet but got back on. I'm consuming small amounts of caffeine here and there. I bought a new camera. I have an elbow injury. I picked up some amazing finds at the local GW (a.k.a. Good Will). I got a prescription for a breast prosthesis. I'm gardening. I have so many creative ideas floating around in my head. We started a backyard project. And, my two year Cancer-Anniversary is approaching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad for the update and sorry to hear about the downs and want to hear more about the ups. What kind of camera did you get? What's your new backyard project? Will you get your prothesis? How are the gardens? I miss you! Thank you for the sweet email about Maelyn and Syd. I want them to meet and understand who each other is. Our doors are always open and we will get back to Georgia. 3 more weeks til little boy (give or take)
Love, Gretch

Melissa said...

Hello Gretch! I can't believe you have three more weeks. Wow! Is this going to be another home birth? Syd must be so excited to be a big sister. To answer your questions:
I picked up another Canon digital elph 10mp after my other one broke during our trip to FL. Our new backyard project was breaking up the concrete patio and putting more green space. We're also adding a deck. I will get my prothesis. I need to schedule my fitting. Woo-hoo, I can't wait. My gardens are growing. I've been taking tons of pictures and will post them in a mosaic.

I miss you too!!!


l♥ve you!