I started working out regularly after the birth of my son in the spring of 2008. My daily work out's consisted of power walking with him in tow. We would walk anywhere between 1-3 miles on a daily basis. By the end of the summer I had moved my work outs indoor. I began taking classes at the local YMCA. Some of these classes were considered high impact (step aerobics and Zumba). This was the beginning of my foot pain.
I endured the pain, discomfort and constant aches for about nine months. Every time I stood up from a sedentary position the pain was off the pain scale charts. I did what I could to pamper my soar aching feet. I soaked them in epson salt baths; iced them; rolled and massaged them over a tennis ball; had them adjusted by my chiropractor on many occasions and I massaged them with a hand held massager. There was no relief, the pain was not going away and I did not want to stop working out. I looked into having orthotics made but, the cost was just out of my budget. So I decided to go out and buy a new pair of sneakers. My husband huffed and puffed and said what's wrong with the sneakers you have? Well, let me tell you.......within two weeks of wearing my new sneakers, my foot pain was gone.
I learned my lesson the hard way. A good, quality pair of sneakers really does make a difference.
The vision of a champion is someone
who is bent over, drenched in sweat,
at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching.
-Anson Dorrance
who is bent over, drenched in sweat,
at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching.
-Anson Dorrance
Exercise 2/15 - 2/21
Monday
1 mile jog warm-up
1 hour of Body Sculpting
weight training circuit
Tuesday
1 hour Zumba
1 hour of Power Yoga
Wednesday - Daughter home sick.
Thursday - Daughter home sick.
Friday
1 hour of Zumba
1 hour of Pilates
Saturday - off
Sunday- off

No comments:
Post a Comment