February 14, 2010

Exercise Journal 2/8 - 2/14


Spinning - Spinning is an aerobic exercise that takes place on a specially designed stationary bicycle called a spinning bike. As you pedal, motivating music plays and the instructor talks you through a visualization of an outdoor cycling workout.

Spinning burns serious calories (about 450 in 45 minutes) and offers an awesome aerobic workout that makes your heart pump fast. I'm totally hooked on this class and always look forward to my midweek workout.

In the beginning I was hesitant to take the class because I thought I would be bored in a stationary position for 45 minutes. Boy, was I wrong. I was hooked after the first class and now make that Wednesday morning class part of my weekly routine. It's an amazing workout!

Like any kind of work out, you get out what you put into it. If you push yourself then you are going to get the ultimate workout. I like pushing myself. I like feeling the burn in my muscles. I like sweating. I like breathing hard. I like believing that I can. I'm that girl in class whispering to herself, "You Can Do This!"

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Exercise Journal 2/8 - 2/14
Monday
1 mile warm up jog
1 hour of Body Sculpting
weight training circuit

Tuesday
1/2 mile warm up job
1 hour of Zumba
weight training circuit

Wednesday
1/2 mile warm up job
45 minutes of cycling class

Thursday - Off

Friday
1 hour of Zumba
1 hour of Pilates

No comments: