I've been meaning to post about my meeting Brenda Cobb, Founder and Director of The Living Foods Institute in Atlanta. I met Brenda at a Health Expo at the start of the summer. Brenda overcame the early stages of breast and cervical cancer without the use drugs or surgery. Her book and lifestyle really resonates with me on so many levels and her teachings are based on those of Ann Wigmore and The Ann Wigmore Foundation.
Some thoughts from Brenda's book, The Living Foods Lifestyle:
- Treat the cause, not the symptoms.
- Wonder drugs don't work wonders.
- If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. Make changes and get benefits!
- Are you eating to live, or living to eat? Food is for nourishment, healing and rebuilding the body.
- Think about what you eat, because you are what you eat!
- The human body is miraculous. It keeps on going in spite of the abuse it takes.
- Is it a miracle that the body, mind and spirit react to our doing the right things to maintain health? Or is it just common sense that if we take responsibility for our health and make the right choices in our lives, we'll be rewarded with good health, happiness and prosperity?
- What we eat does make a difference in how we feel and look. What we eat does make a difference in our health. What we eat is either keeping us healthy or killing us. We we say and think also impacts our health. To have health we must expect it, think it and live it. What we let get into our minds is just as important as what we put into our mouths, maybe more so.
- Believing in something is wonderful, but it's not enough to just believe. When you go beyond just believing to knowing that something is true, when you "feel" it in every bone in your body, in every cell, then and only then will you create what you want. The power is in the "knowing." Know that whatever you say is already created, and remember, it is important to speak in the "I am."
- "I am healthy. I am strong. I am prosperous. I am happy." Speak as though it has already manifested in your life, and speak with enthusiasm.
[above picture is Brenda Cobb and a Vitamix blender filled with healthy goodies. I got to sample green juice from Brenda. It was a bit lumpy for me but still delicious.]
[me chatting with Brenda after her presentation.]



No comments:
Post a Comment