Recovery has been going very well. I didn't know what to expect after surgery but it isn't bad at all. I'm thankful for that.
The day after surgery I found myself waking up early Friday morning ravishing with hunger. I told Andy that I wanted to venture down to the cafeteria and get myself a cup of coffee and toasted bagel with cream cheese. He agreed. Little did I know that I would be the only patient walking around in a hospital gown. While I was enjoying my breakfast Andy says, "Hey, there's Dr. Burns." I turn around and wave him over. He kneels down and says, "The nurses told me you went down to the cafeteria -- What are you doing here? I told him that I was enjoying a nice cup of coffee and bagel. He smiled and said, "I've never had a follow up visit in the cafeteria before." We both chuckled and he proceeded to talk to me about the surgery and what to expect during recovery. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed having him as a surgeon. He is funny, professional and straight to the point. I'm blessed that I found him.
My transition home went smoothly. I was welcomed with a handmade sign from Maelyn that said, "Welcome Home Mommy!" I also came home to beautiful flowers sent by great friends.
I'm amazed about how little pain I feel in my chest. It's almost non-existent. The majority of my discomfort is in my arm (posterior side - tricep). I almost can't describe the discomfort but it kind of feels like a bruise and numbness. It's painful when my daughter wraps her arm around mine. Other than the discomfort I'm able to move it around and pick things up. I'm slowly working on stretching and range of motion.
I can't complain at all. I'm thankful for my young, healthy body. I'm thankful for having a strong mind and a positive attitude. I'm thankful for the skilled surgeon and the attending nurses. I'm thankful for my family and for my friends.
Simply speaking....I'm thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment