I met with my oncologist yesterday to finalize everything, draw blood and pick up medication. My medication consists of three anti-nausea drugs to help prevent nausea during cycle one of my treatment. This medication will last me three weeks and by cycle #2 I will refill all of my prescriptions. I will do this for 6 cycles.Emend (aprepitant) On the day of treatment I will take one capsule one hour before I start treatment. On day two and three I will take one capsule each morning following my treatment. Emend is sold in a three pack. This pack cost me $45.00 w/ insurance.
Promethazine 25mg (aka Phenergan) This anti-nausea medication may be taken every 4-6 hours as needed. This may cause drowsiness and blurred vision. This cost me $10.00 w/ insurance.
Ondansetron 8mg (aka Zofran) Should be taken every eight hour to relieve nausea. The pharmacist told me to take the phenergan first to stop the nausea and if it doesn't help to use the zofran. This cost me $25.00 w/ insurance.
1 comment:
Thank you so very much for emailing me. It is amazing to hear from other women who are traveling the same journey ... really, who would have ever imagined?!
Congratulations on the baby boy! How exciting ... being pregnant sure did help keep my spirits up during treatments. I hope your little guy helps do the same thing.
Emend is a miracle drug and you should be very pleased! A little heads-up, it fizzes, so swallow fast! hehehe.
Hang in there and we'll keep you in our prayers.
Always,
Jamie
Post a Comment