August 19, 2007

Prayer Shawl

I received a beautiful gift in the mail yesterday. I received a Prayer Shawl from Glades Presbyterian Church in Boca Raton, Florida.

Prayer Shawls, Comfort Shawls, or Peace Shawls begins with prayers and blessings for the recipient. The intentions are continued throughout the creation of the shawl. Upon completion, a final blessing is offered before the shawl is sent on its way.

I love my shawl. I love the thoughtfulness of those who worked on my shawl and the source of strength and comfort it will provide me. I am truly touched by the kindness of strangers and the love of one truly exceptional friend.

Thank you Jeannine Ott. Thank you Mary Maguire and the Glades Presbyterian Church Prayer Shawl Ministry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome my friend.. I love you so much... your strength is incredible... you are an inspiration... I am praying for you , your baby boy, Maelyn and Andy .... Good things are coming your way my friend.... this little miracle inside of your belly is the wonderful light at the end of this tunnel... so hang on a little bit longer... it WILL end happily ever after for you ...
:-)
Hugs and Kisses
Jeannine