I had chemotherapy infusion #2 yesterday. It was a long day that started around 6:30am for me. I had to feed Maelyn and myself before leaving the house at 7:45 to get to a 9 o'clock appointment with the fetal specialist. Traffic was brutal and I got to the doctor's office 10 minutes after 9 o'clock.
I signed in and sat down in the waiting room. It was FREEZING! Being hairless or having less hair makes me susceptible to colds and chills easily. It was awful. I sat there thinking my gosh I'm going to catch a cold just sitting here. My noise started to run (that's how cold I was). Finally they called me back and the technician started the ultrasound. It was wonderful to see my baby boy in my belly. It's reassuring to know that he did just fine with round one of chemo. After the technician left I waited for about 35 minutes for the doctor. I used this time wisely and just meditated. My favorite meditation is "I am thankful and grateful for my healthy body. All the cells in my body are whole, perfect, vibrant and abundant. I am healthy. We are healthy." I had to undergo chemo after the appointment and I wanted to be in the right mind to receive it.
The doctor finally came in. She was absolutely lovely! It was my first time meeting her and we discussed the pregnancy and the first round of chemotherapy. After reviewing the ultrasound pictures she informed me that baby boy is growing normally and everything looks great. The doctor did say that the two times that I've been seen and have had ultrasounds that they were unble to get a good posterior view of the spine because both times baby has been laying flat on his back. No reason for concern they told me. They just want to make sure that skin has formed over the spinal column. They told me that that is the only picture they can't seem to see. No worries. I left the office at 11 o'clock and headed to "The Towers."
I parked; rode the two elevators to arrive at the 11th floor and checked in. I used the bathroom before giving blood. I used this time to psyche myself up. I looked in the mirror and repeated several times, "You will have chemo today... You will have chemo today.... Your blood counts are going to be high.... YOU WILL HAVE CHEMO TODAY." I walked out and went directly to the lab to have my blood drawn.
Afterwards, I sat and waited to see the doctor. By this time Andy arrived while I was in my gown and sitting on the exam table. Dr. Austin came in and we chatted about round #1 and how things went. She said your blood counts look GREAT! I was delighted.
Round two..... HERE I COME!!!!
1 comment:
I love your spirit Melissa! Your favorite meditation is absolutely wonderful!!!!
Love Always,
Jeanette
Post a Comment