September 7, 2007

CHEMO ROUND 2 (day one) - Part II

Infusion began around 12:30. I set my things up: Book, journal, pen, highlighter, MP3 player, water cup, curious george clip-on and cell phone. I was set!

Tiffany was my infusion nurse and she was very pleasant. I opened my book and started to read. I had a hard time focusing because there was a woman behind me with a party of people. She must have had eight people with her. They were chatting, cackling and being boisterous. I thought about moving but didn't want it to appear obvious. So, I put my headphones on to drown out the laughter and the chatter. Then I put my book down and said to myself - Who am I to be annoyed with this. Maybe she needs this kind of support to get through this. How wonderful that eight of her friends or family members could be apart of her treatment and show their support. That's wonderful! So, after I thought about it..... it no longer bothered me. Good for her!!!

Andy surprised me by staying with me for the whole 4 hours. He left for a short time to go back to the office and get his laptop and to pick up sandwiches for lunch. Even though we didn't do a lot of talking (he was working) it was nice to have him there. Since he was my chemo companion for the day I sent him for two rounds of water and a chocolate bar.

The infusion went well (as I expected). I drank enormous amounts of water to flush my system. I probably went to the bathroom 10-12 times within the 4 hour time frame (Crazy I know...but important). I'm all about eliminating. Let my body take what it needs and flush the rest away. When I picked the chair for infusion I made sure to choose one closest to the restroom.

Two rounds down and Four to go. Giddy Up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
You are awesome! Keep up the great work! You are so positive and disciplined in everything you do! What an amazing example you set for everyone. Like I said earlier (in the response I posted a few moments ago to "Are You Different"), you are touching so many people with your strength. You are truly a blessing to all of us!
Much love,
Annette

Anonymous said...

I don't know what else I can possibly say besides I admire you so much! You are such a wonderful and positive person!
Love Always,
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Hey, just for the record, that party of people was driving me nuts, too! LOL They're there every time I am, and I think they're coworkers who are going over business items or something. I overheard some of it one day, and it sounded very businessy.