The plan for today was to drink water; take Maelyn to the library; go food shopping for tonights informal dinner party with friends; drink more water; take a nap; and get ready for an evenings jewelery party at my neighbors house.
The Library. I went searching for toddler books that discussed issues of cancer, disease and accepting differences in people. I had some books recommended to me: The Okay Book and It's Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr; and The Jester Has Lost His Jingle by David Saltzman. Since I had no success in finding these books at the library - I ordered them at amazon.com. I found two other books of interest: "Where's Mom's Hair? by Debbie Watters and The Hope Tree (Kids talk about breast cancer) by Laura Numeroff and Wendy Harpham. I'm excited to start reading to her.
We got home from our errands around 11 am. I started right away on the meat sauce for tonights informal dinner gathering. I took my Emend (anti-nausea pills) and started cooking sausage and meat for the sauce. Tonights menu was bruschetta, salad, pasta with meat sauce, and dessert.By 12:30 I was ready for a nap and so was Maelyn. I was lucky to sleep for an hour. I got up to drink some more water and eat some lunch (lentil soup with kielbasa). I'm already on my 20th cup of water today.
The dinner party was a hit! Six adults and three children. We had fun conversing, eating, drinking and just spending time together. The company of friends is always pleasant. By the end of the evening I had consumed 32 glasses of water.
After dinner me and the gals headed across the street to a jewelery party hosted by our friend and neighbor. We purchased some sterling silver jewelery and called it a night.
I feel great. No nausea. I'm officially exhausted and ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment