My morning started out slow. I had a restless night of sleep (excitement, adrenaline, thoughts, sounds, and a full moon). I rolled out of bed around 7am. I took care of my morning routine and got my things ready for chemo. My MIL is in town to watch Maelyn so I pulled my keys out of my bag to give them to her (we switch cars because of the toddler seat). However, when I put the keys on the counter I realized that one of my key chains were missing. All my keys were there but my favorite key chain was gone. Oh well, no time to look for them I have to get to chemo.
Traffic wasn't bad at all and I got to my appointment 45 minutes early. I decided to find parking and just listen to music in the car. The parking garage was packed so I had to circle around twice. During my second trip I found a great parking spot. I parked at the top of one ramp and the bottom of another ramp (depending on how you look at it). I had the choice of walking down the ramp to the elevators on P1 or up the other ramp to the elevators on P2. It was the same waking distance -- just walking up or down to the elevator. I chose to walk down.
As I approached a short set of stairs at the bottom of the ramp I saw my key chain lying face down on the pavement! I said, "No Way." I smiled and knelt down to pick it up. I turned it over and there it was.... my key chain (it's actually a cardboard tag from the clothing line: Life Is Good). I loved that saying so much that I put it on my key chain awhile back to help remind me daily that life is good.
.jpg)
It must have fallen off my key ring last Friday when I went in for my weekly lab work. I find it hard to believe that I hadn't noticed it was missing until this morning.
I think about the hundreds of people who walked over it not knowing the powerful message on this little piece of cardboard. Little did they know what a wonderful gift was waiting for them had they just picked it up.
I'm so happy that it made it's way back to me (tattered and torn). AND, what a wonderful gift and a wonderful message to receive as I approached my third round of chemo infusion.
My first blessing of the day.... LIFE IS GOOD.
2 comments:
WOW, that gave me goosebumps. I'm glad it came back to you, and it's so wonderful that even now when life is hitting you hard, you can still believe that "life is good"
Your positive outlook is going to be your biggest weapon.
Go YOU! :)
You are truly blessed and surrounded by so many positive vibes. I believe finding your "Life is Good" keychain is a sign for you not to worry, life has a way of working itself out! Jill is correct, your positive outlook IS your biggest weapon. AND you are using it full force!
Love Always,
Jeanette
Post a Comment