September 26, 2007

Gearing up for Chemo Round #3

Chemotherapy Round #3 is tomorrow. I can feel the adrenaline starting to pump through my body. I get this sense of excitement and emotional charge before going into chemo. I like to say that I'm putting my 'game face' on. For those of you who have played sports of any kind know what I'm talking about. As an athlete, you have to mentally and physically prepare yourself for the next game, match, or meet.

I've had the last three weeks to recoup, recharge and react to chemo #2. Now, it's time again to face another round. Mentally and physically I feel ready. I'll only know for sure that my body is ready when I go in tomorrow for lab work to test my blood counts. In this game, blood counts dictate whether or not I go forward with chemo tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in the game to win it! You are a true champion. I know "everything is going to be all right"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Always,
Jeanette