September 18, 2007

Moments of Disbelief

I still have my moments of disbelief.

For a split second I stop and say, "this is really happening to me." These moments are few and far between - but they do happen. I try hard not to let these moments last long because I don't want to focus my energy or put energy into: why me?....or, how could this be?

Since the very beginning I said, I don't care that I have cancer and I don't care how I got it --- I just need to get rid of it. There's no use in pondering the what ifs and the how comes. The fact is, I had a tumor growing in my body. AND, the reality is that this tumor was growing for some time - it didn't just appear. By the time I found my cancer it was palpable. I was able to feel the marble size tumor under my skin. This tumor had been growing for several years.

My daily focus and energy is to proceed with life as before my diagnosis. I've always been the one to go with the flow. I can honestly say that I am going with the flow on this one. Metaphorically speaking - I jumped into the river after the diagnosis and I'm riding the current. I'm not trying to tread water, hold onto the side or swim up stream. I'm cruising down river and taking everything as it comes.

The past is the past. Today is today. And tomorrow will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN... I love that !!
Not a lot of people are as strong as you !!
Your doing the right thing by riding the current - keep going because at the end there is a wonderful rainbow and many great things waiting for you !!!
Love
Jeannine

Anonymous said...

Someone posted this bulletin on one of my myspace pages. I immediately thought of you. You truly possess a remarkable philosophy on life. I thought you would enjoy reading this!
Love Always,
Jeanette

Attitude

There once was a woman who woke up one morning,looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today?"
So she did and she had a wonderful
day.


The next day she woke up,looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today?"
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up,looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said,"today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail."
So she did and she had a fun, fun
day.


The next day she woke up,looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"


Attitude is everything.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly.......

Leave the rest to God.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.