October 1, 2007

CHEMO ROUND 3 (day 2, 3, 4)

[Day Two] I awoke bright and early (too early) to get a head start on my water consumption and to start journaling. I'm better able to compose my thoughts when the house is calm, still and quiet. However, on Friday morning I woke up at 3am. I typed, drank 8 glasses of water and went back to sleep at 5 and re awoke at 7am.

My day was usual..... prepared breakfast, made morning coffee and straightened up the house. My day was going so well that by 12 pm I had realized that I forgot to take my anti-nausea medicine, Emend. I was sitting at chick-fa-la when it occurred to me. I don't know what prompted me to think of my medicine but as I was biting into my chicken sandwich it dawned on me that I totally forgot to take my pill. No worries.....all was well and when I returned home I took my Emend.

[Day Three] I rolled out of bed and got ready for work. Andy made a yummy, hearty breakfast of oatmeal and french toast. I packed my things up and headed out the door by 8:30am. I was outside of the neighborhood and driving down the street when I realized again.... that I forgot to take my Emend. I had to turn around and return home to get it.

It's not that I'm being forgetful - it's that I'm not thinking about being sick or feeling nauseaus. The tought of being nauseaus doesn't consume me. I feel good and I go about my day as usual. I'm thankful that I don't have symptoms of nausea and I'm thankful that whatever medicine I am taking that it's working. I know that it's very important to keep things under control. Even though I'm feeling well, I know things can turn for the worse if I totally forget to take one of my pills or run out of them. It's something I don't want to experience.

I got to work by 9:15 and put in several hours of work before leaving at 12:30. I was meeting some YSC women for lunch at the Marietta Square at 1pm. This was my second time meeting everyone and for a few it was my first time. We had a wonderful time eating, swapping stories, laughing and sharing tips. We're all at different stages with our treatment so it's interesting to hear everyones journey with and through breast cancer. I really enjoyed their company and I look forward to meeting with them next month.

[Day Four] Woke up, took my Lortab(anti-nausea medicine), went to church and headed to the Square for brunch. The Square is one of our favorite places to go. We really enjoy walking around, window shopping and playing on the choo-choo slide. When we got home I took an hour nap and just spent the remaining of my day reading books, straightening the house and fiddling with things at home. I took my second Lortab of the day as prescribed (every 8 hours). It was a lazy, restfull and peaceful Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to be surrounded by a bunch of fabulous women as they are lucky to have you!!!!
Love Always,
Jeanette