November 29, 2007

I'M DONE (6 of 6 treatments)

It's over. It's done. No more chemotherapy. It feels good to say that.

Last week I was an emotional wreck thinking about my final chemotherapy. Today, I was calm and confident -- knowing that everything will be alright. It feels good to say, "I'm done!"

Afterwards my husband and daughter picked me up and we went to dinner. We toasted in celebration, drank Shirley Temples and ate delicious hummus.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am so proud of you! You did it, but you did it with such a positive spirit. Congratulations!!!
love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you did it ... now you have to focus on the baby's arrival ... I'm sure you are getting very excited !!!
Don't forget to have Andy e-mail everyone as soon as the baby is born... I can't wait to here !
Love You
Jeannine

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! And I am so happy for you that your treatments are finished.
I love the picture of you and Maelyn toasting! It brought the biggest smile to my face!
Love Always,
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Your positive energy is an inspiration. Please continue to keep us posted
love, gretch

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!! Congratulations, Melissa. I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Woops, that was me yaying there. :)