I started blogging in January 2007. Six months later I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Then and now, I think the name of my Blog is very fitting for me and my new journey with and without breast cancer.
December 16, 2007
Portrait
A High School friend of mine asked for permission to draw a portrait of me for an art class she was taking. Her drawing was submitted into an art exhibit at St. Joseph's College in Patchougue, New York.
Thank you Jeanette!
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
You are most welcome! I went to school today to turn in my final paper for the class and pick up 2 of my pieces; your portrait and a sculpture I did - I posted pictures of my sculpture on myspace!!! Anyhow, I received my sculpture but when I inquired about my drawing of you my professor looked very nervous and began to beat around the bush....I think she thought I would be mad.....it turns out they have decided to keep the art show up and running longer than expected. It was supposed to end this past Saturday, December 15th. Now the show will be running until mid January!!! =0) I do not have an exact date it will be running through though. =0(
So unfortunately I cannot send you the actual drawing until "sometime" in January. But I promise, as soon as I get it back I will ship it to you!!! =0) Hope you are feeling well! ~Jeanette
1 comment:
You are most welcome! I went to school today to turn in my final paper for the class and pick up 2 of my pieces; your portrait and a sculpture I did - I posted pictures of my sculpture on myspace!!! Anyhow, I received my sculpture but when I inquired about my drawing of you my professor looked very nervous and began to beat around the bush....I think she thought I would be mad.....it turns out they have decided to keep the art show up and running longer than expected. It was supposed to end this past Saturday, December 15th. Now the show will be running until mid January!!! =0) I do not have an exact date it will be running through though. =0(
So unfortunately I cannot send you the actual drawing until "sometime" in January. But I promise, as soon as I get it back I will ship it to you!!!
=0)
Hope you are feeling well!
~Jeanette
Post a Comment