January 18, 2008

Grateful

I am grateful and thankful for everything and everyone I have met along the way. I am grateful for discovering the lump in my breast. I am grateful for the doctor who sent me for an ultrasound. I am grateful for the doctor who recommended a biopsy. I am grateful for the breast cancer coordinator who walked me through the early stages of my diagnosis. I am grateful for the doctors who took the time to answer my many, many questions. I am grateful for the skillful hands of the surgeon who performed my mastectomy. I am grateful to my body for recovering after surgery. I am grateful for the medical oncologist who said, "yes, I can treat you - are you ready to get started." I am grateful for the midwifes and obstetricians who saw me through this pregnancy. I am grateful for the fetal specialists who looked after my baby and monitored him week after week. I am grateful for all the nurses who took my blood pressure, asked me questions and drew my blood. I am grateful for the infusion nurses who always had a warm smile on their faces. I am grateful for my chiropractor who helped my body adjust, re-coop, and recharge after each chemo treatment. I am grateful for all the people who have prayed, meditated, sent me positive thoughts and encouraging words. I am grateful for all my friends (near, far, new, old and cyber friends). I am grateful for the kindness of strangers. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for my three year old daughter who talked everyday to my belly and wasn't afraid to talk to me about breast cancer. I am grateful for the safe arrival of my son. I am grateful for all that has happened to me.

GRATEFUL, GRATEFUL - TRULY GRATEFUL.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for you sharing this journey with me. It has been a wonderful experience and I look forward to seeing pictures of Maelyn with her little brother!
love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

I was going to say something similar to Jen but I see she beat me to it.
Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am for YOU!!! I learn from you each time I read your blog and you inspire me to become a better person each day. So thank you for being you!
Love Always,
Jeanette

. said...

Hey Missy... my thoughts are the same as Jen and Jeanette... you inspired me through your journey and you gave me strength to cope with my own journey... I am so happy for you and your new little boy... you are very blessed !
Love
Jeannine