This weekend my family and friends are walking to defeat ALS, in memory of my beloved mother, Margarete Sullivan. Team Sullivan was able to collect $1,000.00 in donations from family and generous patients of Tri-Cities Chiropractic. I am so proud of my Sister In-law, Stephanie for organizing this year's memory walk. I only wish I was able to attend.
ALS might have taken control of my mother's body but it didn't rob her of her gentle spirit. She truly was such an inspiration. She faced this disease head on with the knowledge that she was going to die. She always had a smile on her face even when she didn't feel well.
My fondest memories of her were when we would just hold hands and look at each other without saying anything. By this time her speech had greatly deteriorated and her speech was inaudible. But, I didn't need to hear her voice to know that she loved me - that she loved all of us.
My mom approached each day with a smile on her face and high hopes in her heart that one day - someday, there would be a cure for ALS.
I love and miss her greatly.
We all love and miss her greatly.
1 comment:
That is great your family was able to meet their goal. Even though you were not there in person you were still there in spirit and in the hearts of everyone. I know your mom knows that too!
Be Well!
Jeanette
Post a Comment